Tips for Finding the Best Drug Rehab Center
Every day, people across the United States find themselves in need of substance abuse rehabilitation. There’s a positive trend in the US where treatment is becoming more available to more people than ever before, thanks to recent changes that require insurance plans to recognize addiction as a medical issue.
However, there’s one disadvantage to this abundance of choice: the wide variety of treatment options leaves many people unsure which one is right for them. Some people find themselves re-entering rehab multiple times, possibly because they’re involved in a program that doesn’t meet their individual needs. To find the best drug rehab center, you need to know the options, and the right questions to narrow them down.
What Results Do You Need?
Different programs have different expectations. Everyone defines success differently. Some define their success rates based on whether their patients continue to take their prescribed medications and attend meetings. Others base success on a timeframe, assuming that once their program is completed, patients are successfully in recovery. Most people suffering from addiction would consider success differently, so it’s important to define it for yourself and try to find a place whose version of success closely matches your own. Start by writing down your idea of successful drug treatment on a piece of paper.
Now that you’ve got an idea of where you want to be, you can better ask your rehab facility how they’re going to help you get there. Open ended questions like these can help give you a better idea of whether the facility you’re considering is the best drug rehab center for your needs:
- How does your facility define treatment success?
- Are there alumni of your program that I can talk to?
- What happens to your patients after they complete the program?
- How is your facility involved with the communities your patients return to?
- Does your treatment program rely on drugs that are suspected to be addictive, such as Xanax or Valium?
- How will you help me learn the life skills I need to stay sober?
- Now that I’ve told you about my situation, what makes you the best drug rehab center for me?
We’ll Help You Find the Best Drug Rehab For You
We understand what a tough time you’re going through. We know that it can be overwhelming to deal with choosing the best drug rehab center. Recovery Connection is here to help you decide. Call us today at 800-993-3869 and take the next step on the path to recovery.
Show Comments (0)