REMEMBER THAT HALLOWEEN CAN STILL BE SPOOKY, SAFE AND FUN.
Don’t feel spooked in facing Halloween sober when there are many things you can do to still enjoy this pastime. Get back to basics and remember what Halloween was like before your sobriety journey.
This is the perfect time to tap into your childhood and revisit the things you enjoyed most about Halloween. Redefine your holiday with haunted houses, costume contests, baking spooky snacks, movie-marathons and creating your own novelty potions with plastic bug ice cubes and dry ice for show. Need some fun ideas? See what we’ve rounded up for you:
- Plan a Halloween-Themed Dinner Party
- Volunteer at a Trunk-or-Treat: Help Keep Kids Safe
- Have a Pumpkin-Carving Contest
- Stay In Movie Marathon (popcorn and lights off)
- Graveyard/Backyard Graveyard (flashlights, s’mores and spooky stories mandatory)
For other spooky ideas, check out the links below:
HALLOWEEN RECIPES: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18320/holidays-occasions/halloween/
HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION IDEAS: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-verge/201410/halloween-partying-celebrate-the-spirits-without-spirits