What to Look For in a Top-Rated Drug Rehab Center
Most addiction treatment facilities claim to be a top-rated drug rehab center, but really what qualifies them to be the best? This list will clarify a few parameters for you when deciding to choose a drug rehab center for yourself or a loved one.
Qualifications to Look For:
- Accreditation – Third party guarantee such as state licensure and accreditation from The Joint Commission
- Medical qualification – Addiction specialists, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners and nurses
- Therapist credentials – Master’s level clinicians, certified addiction professionals
- Personalized treatment – Individual assessment, primary therapist, tailored treatment plan
- Living facilities – Residential accommodations, eating/nutrition and recreation
- Friends and family – Family workshops, education, joint therapy
- Aftercare program – Discharge planning with follow-up care appointments
- Alumni program – Continued connection with the addiction treatment program
- Cost equal to quality – Find out from previous patient testimonies
A top-rated drug rehab center will be able to answer any questions you have on this list of qualifications. But don’t stop there. A top-rated drug rehab center will have qualified admission specialists that you can speak with to find out more in-depth information about their treatment center.
Questions to Help You Decide About Treatment:
- What are the pros and cons of location?
- What will be addressed in your program?
- Will a doctor be able to tell me if any permanent damage has been done?
- How long is your program?
- Is there a difference between 30 days versus 60?
- Is detox located on the premises of your residential facility?
- How much will this cost?
- Can I use my insurance?
- Are visitors welcome?
- Can I use the phone and email?
Looking for treatment is not easy nor is deciding to go. You may look for excuses to stay home or try to eliminate drug and alcohol abuse on your own. This may actually do more harm than simply calling Recovery Connection to help you find treatment. The same amount of energy you put into getting and using drugs and alcohol can be translated into the energy you put toward treatment. Let Recovery Connection find the right treatment center for you!
Show Comments (0)